Passion for Health & Fitness
Personal Trainer Barcelona
WHY ACTIVATE PERSONAL TRAINING?
Our fitness and physical shape is often a reflection of our lifestyle choices, priorities, and state of mind. Compared with previous generations, we are spending increasing amounts of time in environments that not only limit physical activity but require prolonged sitting — at work, at home, in our cars or in a bar. These are unprecedented times where sitting has become the new smoking.
When you exercise you get physically and mentally stronger, you improve your health, wellbeing and quality of life, and prevent or delay many different health conditions. Give yourself one reason not to exercise regularly?
Personal training is widely considered to be one of the most effective ways to exercise and have a more active lifestyle. People often think personal training is just about exercise, but once clients start with personal training they quickly find out that it goes way beyond that, stating that personal training is also about staying motivated and committed, preventing injuries and training more safely, becoming more confident, being able to disconnect from work etc. There is no more effective way of reaching these results or a combination thereof, than by means of personal training.
1. Motivation - most of us work harder in presence of others. Having a personal trainer by your side provides the confidence, energy and motivation to kickstart your fitness journey with regular exercise and better, healthier habits.
2. Correct Form & Technique - A certified personal trainer will adapt form and technique to your indivual strenght, limitation, anatomy, movement patterns and biomechanics. The outcome being to increase efficiency, safety and prevent injuries.
3. Clarity - Exercise can be very confusing as there is a lot of information to study and filter out. A personal trainer will reduce the guesswork, help you find credible sources and provide direction so you can focus completely on achieving your goals.
4. Personalized Approach - Everyone is different. Your unique anatomy, physiology, mechanics, tolerance, personal preferences, limitations, experiences etc. will help your trainer adjust the training to your needs, and avoid a do-this, do-that one-size-fits-all approach recommended by your neighbour or friends.
5. Save Time - Personal training is time-optimised, safe and efficient. By no means will anyone be able to train in such an efficient, safe and time-optimised manner as with a personal trainer. When responsibilities grow, time grows short. In such case exercise and diet are often fall victim to time. A personal trainer will help you make better decisions, prioritise and hold you accountable for your decisions. Over time the compounded effort results in positive changes in all areas of life.
6. Confidence - A big-box gym can be quite an intimidating, noisy and smelly environment. Working out in a private studio, outdoors or at your home allows you to become confident with exercise and better focus on the workout without any distractions.
7. Consistency - Most people find it hard to stick to an exercise program and will easily come up with excuses or fall for temptations. A personal trainer will hold you accountable and will encourage you to commit to your program. It is also harder to skip a workout when someone is waiting for you.
8. Flexibility. Train when you want, where you want. A personal trainer allows you not only to be more efficient but adapts to your personal agenda and allows for weekly flexiblity as to where and when you want to train.
9. Sports-specific preparation - Are you preparing your first marathon? Do you want to improve performace for a specific sport or train for a competition or event? At Activate we can design and supervise a training program specific to your sport, helping you to improve you athletic performance and reduce the chance of injury setbacks.
10. Medical Conditions - Exercise in the right dose, type and intensity is beneficial for preventing and managing many illnesses and conditions such as heart disease, metabolic disorders, diabetes, etc. At Activate we provide a multidisciplanary approach with a team of specialized trainers, nutritionists and therapists who have the necessary knowledge and experience in training, treating and coaching clients with chronic conditions. We can design and prescribe exercise programs that are safe, effective and provide a positive exercise experience.
11. Age With Grace - Our bodies change as we become older. Most likely you are nor capable of nor attracted to exercising the way you used to. At Activate our trainers will help to adjust the program to your needs and requirements, allowing you to get the best results possible.
12. Fun! - Exercise with a pt is also a lot of fun. Even whilst sweating it out a personal trainer will provide plenty of cheerleading and fun throughout your sessions. Good vibes assured when you train with us.